Maranatha! Singers – Psalms Alive Collection – YouTube

This is a playlist of 23 songs from the three Psalms Alive albums (originally recorded by Maranatha! Music in the 1980’s).

Maranatha! Singers – Those Who Sow In Tears(Psalm 126) – YouTube.

This entry was posted in Music videos. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Maranatha! Singers – Psalms Alive Collection – YouTube

1. Rev. Tony Cinardo says:

lookinmg for cd recordings of all the Psalms Alive recording. I had the collection on vinyl discs from many years ago (yeah, I’m a dinosaur!), lent them out and never got them back. I would like to have them once again… and any other Psalm songs not on the Psalms alive albumns.

• Mike Gantt says:

Sorry, but I am unaware of a source.

• Judy says:

Thank God they are available on Youtube now! I have them on cassettes onto which I recorded from the vinyl LPs that I bought way back when they were first out in the Christian bookstore in the 1980s. So you aren’t the only dinorsaur! : ) Truly Psalms Alive was a high water mark in Christian music.

• Phil says:

I found all three on 2 disc set on amazon called Psalms Alive! starting at 35.00 dollars

2. Sunny Stevens says:

Thank you for keeping my faith alive in a totally non Christian environment.No church available,no one to share the word of God with,No one to Physically fellowship with (Of course except the Holy Spirit). Thank God for the availability of all your soul lifting songs and ministration. Please Keep on reaching out to those who truly seek the most High God.Thank you so much and remain blessed IJN. Amen.

• Mike Gantt says:

God is mindful of those who love Him in the midst of trying circumstances. He sends them grace to strengthen them according to their need. He will not forsake them. They draw nearer to Him and He draws nearer to them. He never leaves them or forsakes them.

• Ron Wilkinson says:

Hi IJN, I know what you mean, years of listening to Psalms Alive and Keith Green kept me on track to fellowship with the Holy Spirit despite wars and rumours of wars all around. I believe that because they sang God breathed scripture, it kept faith alive and increasing.
      Yours because His
      Ron

3. Sunny Stevens says:

Please I wish to Listen to the song “God’s spirit is in my heart’ (Maranatha singers version) but I don’t know were to find it.Could you kindly direct me accordingly.Thank and remain blessed.

4. Sunny Stevens says:

5. robert h wrightjr says:

Remember the Psalms are meant to be sung. The book of the Psalms is the hymn book of the Bible. Let the words flow into your heart and soul. God has much to say to you and me.

6. Kat valcourt says:

I am desperately seeking an album, am not definitely sure if it is by Maranatha – exaltation. It was a cassette with a bluish cover and had a song medley like ….the trees of the fields will clap their hands, be thought exalted….some excerpts from psalm 119 narrated…. I just pray that the good Lord will use one of you to find this album for me.

• Milton Fine says:

That is Psalms Alive III. “Clap Your Hands” is Track 2. Psalm 119 is narrated as part of “Teach My Thy Ways.”

7. Anthony Seegulam says:

I’m thankful to have found this on the web. I listen to it oftentimes. God bless you.

Rejoice in the Lord! (Philippians 4:4)

9. Fraser Robison says:

I still have the vinyl albums. The Psalms Alive albums were very important in my early Christian life.
    A few months ago I found that they were available on i tunes so I have now downloaded all 3 albums onto my i pad and phone.
    Hallelujah!!

Fraser

10. When I went off to college in the early 1980s (It was George Fox College then, now University, in Newberg, Oregon. Run by the Society of Friends {Quakers}) I had only been a Christian for a little over a year. I knew nothing about nothing when it came to living the Christian life. My 4 years at George Fox rooted me firmly in the faith and these 3 albums were with me all the way through. Among other things they taught me how to praise our Lord. Over the years I lost track of my copies. I am now a missionary in Thailand and there are times when I miss these recordings so much it hurts. Thank you so much for sharing! I hope doing this never strikes you as a small thing. I assure you it is not.

Always glad to hear when such music and lyrics minister to others as they do to me.

I do not know much about Quakers, but the little I know has always been positive. George Fox’s idea of waiting on God in silence has always struck me as profoundly wise. I have been edified by Richard Foster’s writing, and even more by Dallas Willard’s – though it’s unclear to me whether Willard claimed to be a Quaker or only thought similarly. And I have never considered Richard Nixon to be as bad as his enemies wanted us to think he was.

May the psalms stay alive in your heart.

12. Anthony Milosevic says:

Well I guess I’m the dinosaur since I sang in the chorus on the first Psals Alive. I’ll never forget what a blessed experience it was singing songs of joy and worship. When I hear these recordings from the 80’s my soul is once again lifted on high in awe of His glory. There was so much love of the Lord during recordings some of us felt light headed. Combining the Holy Spirit with music can actually have a visceral reaction to those with open hearts. Well anyway, it was one of the highlights of my life. Praise Him in song!

• Mike Gantt says:

Psalms Alive had such a unique sound. I can recall nothing else quite like it in the field of Contemporary Christian Music. Perhaps it was simply the orchestration and the choir voicings. I’m sure it wasn’t the only occasion when performers and producers sought wholeheartedly to please the Lord. Still, it stands alone in my mind as a replica of what David arranged to take place in Solomon’s temple.